New York City – Full Time
NewsPicks is an app that offers a new way to have smart, civilized discussions about the most important stories of the day. It has grown rapidly in its first six months. We’re looking to add to our small but growing team, seeking someone with a deep interest in apps/digital media, lots of energy and self-motivation and creative ideas to build on that momentum. You’ll be joining at an early stage of the company, which means you’ll get to work on a broad range of projects and be willing to pick up new skills.
- Identify and recruit potential NewsPicks commenters
- Analyze user data, run cohort analyses to understand user behavior
- Manage, grow, evaluate and improve communities of NewsPicks users
- Help build, manage and establish the NewsPicks brand
- Collaborate on efforts to engage existing users and encourage them to increase participation and retention
- Come up with creative ways to deepen the concept of membership on NewsPicks
- Represent NewsPicks at conferences, events, etc.
- Proven ability to build communities, however big or small
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems
- Comfort level with data analysis
- Familiarity with the range of apps and digital news products
- Willing to learn new skills
- Self-starter, capable of self-motivating
- High energy and personable
- Great collaborator and colleague
- 2 or more years experience
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.